If you’re looking to be inspired, look no further! We’ve compiled some quotes that will motivate you to get your work done and added ten tips for getting focused. Sometimes, the last thing you feel like doing is studying, but you know you have to push on. Finals are coming up and you’ve already procrastinated for long enough. Let’s get to work!
Let’s get focused!
- Take a break to recharge. Hit the gym, make some coffee, have a snack or even take a quick power nap.
- On breaks, make sure to get up from your desk and move around. Go for a quick walk outside and get some fresh air.
- Make a list of everything you have to study for the day. Checking things off will make it feel less overwhelming, and help you see all that you’ve accomplished.
- Listen to instrumental music while you study. Though this doesn’t work for everyone, it can help keep your mind from wandering or stop you from singing along to your favorite tunes instead of studying.
- If you can’t stay off your phone, try the app Forest. In it, a tree grows during the amount of time that you set, but if you start using your phone during the set time, the tree dies.
- Get some sleep! Though it’s often tempting to stay up late and study, it’s best to go to bed at your normal time or a little earlier. When you don’t sleep enough, you feel tired and sluggish, which makes focusing and being productive even harder.
- Limit multi-tasking. Multi-tasking can be good, unless you’re trying to do too much at once. Overworking yourself can actually be less productive since your attention is spread over too many things at once. This makes it difficult to focus and do a good job with any of your tasks.
- Make a routine and stick with it. Try making morning routines, study routines, or night routines, and do your best to stick with them. This might be hard at first, but will be worth it in the end! Make sure to schedule in some buffer time between things in case you run behind to avoid extra stress. Following a routine can help you feel more together and make life less chaotic.
- Study with friends who will make you get work done. Studying with friends can either be helpful or a waste of time. Don’t study with friends that you know will distract you or not encourage you to keep working. Either study solo or find people who work as hard or harder than you and that will help keep you on track. Just being around people who are diligent and are focused will make it a lot easier to do the same.
Finally, here are a few quotes to help inspire you to get hustlin’!
“The future depends on what you do today.”
“Don’t let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do, or cannot achieve. Do. Not. Allow. It.”
– Emma Watson
“Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing”
– William Arthur Ward
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
– Thomas Edison
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”
– Jimmy Johnson
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
– Henry Ford
“I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”
– Art Williams
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
– Robert Collier
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
– Karim Seddiki
“I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come.”
– Abraham Lincoln
“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.”
– Vince Lombardi
“The secret to getting ahead is getting started.”
– Mark Twain
“My advice is to never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.”
– Charles Dickens
“It always seems impossible until it’s done”
– Nelson Mandela
Now that you’re super motivated, take a few moments and think about your goals. Put your phone or laptop down (yes, you need to stay away from the internet for a bit), take a few deep breaths and get moving! If you have a favorite inspirational quote, share it in the comments below! Happy hustlin’!
Serena is a fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blogger. She will be majoring in kinesiology and minoring in business, then pursuing a career in sports medicine. In her free time she likes to write for her blog, train in martial arts, read, play with her dogs, cook/bake, and watch Netflix. You can find Serena on her blog (Sparkle, Style, & DIY), Pinterest, Etsy, Google+, and Bloglovin.